Terms and conditions
Bookings must be secured by a non-refundable deposit of 20%, with the balance to be paid:
- 2 weeks prior to the start of your stay if under £1000.
- 1 month prior if over £1000
Please note we currently have no facilities to accept cards so payment is by bank transfer or cheque.
Cancellation by guest
If full payment has been made and you decide to cancel within 14 days of the start of your holiday, full charges will apply, unless we can re-let the dates booked, or we may be able to transfer your payment to a date later in the same season.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, our usual booking structure will apply but be accompanied by differing cancellation policies in the following events:
- Any refunds will be subject to our normal cancellation policies should the guest makes a personal decision to no longer go through with their booking.
- If you experience COVID-symptoms and need to leave early, we will refund you for the remaining nights. If you leave early because you have been near someone with COVID symptoms, a refund will be issued if you have been staying in their tent and they themselves have also left. We reserve the right to judge each mid-stay cancellation on a case-by-case basis given that this is an unprecedented situation for which we might not have policies prepared in every eventuality.
Cancellation by us
Sometimes it may be necessary to cancel bookings. We will endeavour to avoid this but reserve the right to do so. If we have to cancel we will return all money. We advise visitors to take out full holiday insurance for cancellation.
- be responsible for the supervision of their children at all times. Children should not use the showers unless supervised by an adult.
- be careful around fire pits (which should be at least 5 metres from all tents).
- not use the saucepans and frying pans on the the firepits.
- be careful when utilising the ovens and remember to turn off the gas after use.
- be aware they be held financially liable for damage to the tents, furniture or equipment.
- make sure that all electrics are turned off when not in their tent.
- should proceed to the main car park in case of fire.
- not swim or paddle in the stream that runs through the site.
We take every care to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable stay but Oxford Riverside Glamping accepts no responsibility for any accidents, injury or consequential loss.
Considerations for other guests
- Behave in a considerate manner towards your fellow guests.
- Notify us of any visitors to site during your stay. No visitors may stay overnight.
- Only drive up to tents to unload and reload your luggage.
- Be considerate of other communal fridge users. There are ice packs in the freezer should you wish to utilise your coolbox instead.
- Only play games on the water meadow and around your tents. Please ask your children to not run around other guests’ tents.
- Keep all communal areas as clean and tidy as possible at all times.
Large group bookings
Our policy is that a group over a certain size (5 adults, or a group of 12 including children), need to book out the whole site. Large groups that attempt to get around this by booking several tents under different names will not be accommodated. We reserve the right to ask guests to leave at any time and without a refund should we deem this to have happened. Please do not waste your time and money attempting this.
Regular gardening is essential in order to maintain the site. We understand that this can be disruptive but we will always attempt to be as discreet and considerate as possible when doing so. We thank you in advance for your patience.
Please follow all latest Covid guidelines and regulations. If you think you have coronavirus before arriving, please consider your own safety and the safety of others and do not travel to the site. Contact us to let us know that you will no longer be glamping with us.
If you feel you may have coronavirus symptoms whilst on site:
If you have any coronavirus symptoms whilst staying with us, or need to self-isolate because of contact with someone else with coronavirus, please leave the site immediately. Avoid contact with anyone as you leave, and please let us know as soon as possible. We also reserve the right to tell you to leave should we deem it necessary.
If you are part of a group and a group member starts to experience symptoms, please be sensible and considerate to others when choosing your next course of action.
Measures taken by us:
The safety of our guests is paramount and we will be making decisions daily to ensure everyone is protected whilst on site. Measures include:
- Additional cleaning measures (particularly of communal areas) that will exceed our already high standards. This includes disinfection of tents between stays, paying particular attention to ‘high-touch’ areas.
- Additional daily cleaning periods where the facilities will be shut for a very short period of time, whilst we disinfect ‘high touch’ surfaces such as door handles, taps etc.
- Capacity limits for our communal areas, allowing guests to social distance in the most effective way possible.
- Reserving the right to ask anyone flouting our Covid and social distancing measures to leave without a refund.
- Providing hand sanitiser in several locations throughout the site.
- A self-check in option for guests who don’t wish to be greeted personally upon arrival
- The position of each tent slightly varies but are 6 metres apart at a minimum.
What you can do to help:
Whilst we try our upmost to keep our site safe and clean, the role our guests play will be equally as important. Please at all times apply common sense and be considerate of those around you. All measures are for the benefit of everyone, and are to ensure all our guests remain happy and healthy. Please follow all relevant advice from the NHS.
Additionally, please bring masks and gloves should you feel it necessary.
Please keep your trips to the communal kitchen area at a minimum by storing all non-perishable items in the coolbox located in your tent.